Event COVID Safety Guidelines
The Sacramento Greek Festival will comply with CDPH mandates.
- Masks are REQUIRED INDOORS, regardless of vaccination status.
- Due to the expected density, masks are encouraged OUTDOORS, including vendors.
- Volunteers dealing with food, indoors or outdoors, masks are REQUIRED, regardless of vaccination status.
The following individuals are NOT REQUIRED to wear a mask (CDPH):
- Persons who are actively eating and/or drinking.
The following individuals are exempt from wearing masks at all times (CDPH):
- Persons younger than two years old. Very young children must not wear a mask because of the risk of suffocation.
- Persons with a medical condition, mental health condition, or disability that prevents wearing a mask. This includes persons with a medical condition for whom wearing a mask could obstruct breathing or who are unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove a mask without assistance.
- Persons who are hearing impaired, or communicating with a person who is hearing impaired, where the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication.
Given mandates are actively changing, we aim to operate within local, state, and CDC mandates. We reserve the right to recommended attendees to be fully vaccinated or obtain a negative COVID-19 test before arriving at the event, should County of Sacramento mandates require this in October.
Image by Petros Giannakouris [ @PGiannakouris]. (Mar 25, 2021). Members of the Presidential Guard walk in front of the Parthenon temple in Athens, Thursday, March 25, 2021. Greece celebrates the bicentenary of the start of the country's war of independence against the Ottoman Empire. @AP @AP_Images / @PGiannakouris Twitter. https://twitter.com/PGiannakouris/status/1375034066727227394/photo/1